Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blogger Blitz Weekend Recap

After a wonderful twenty four hours spent in Georgetown for Blogger Blitz DC, we left with a newfound love for our nation's capital and many of the city's most fabulous bloggers. Of course, the main event while we were in town was the social meet-up conducted by {av} from Long Distance Loving, but we managed to squeeze in loads of extras including tons of fabulous shopping, delicious food and some amateur photos with our iPhones (we love you, Instagram).

This weekend made us feel ashamed to admit that we've neglected the Washington, DC area for far too long. The notoriously clogged up crossroads of I-95, I-395 and I-495, known in the area as "the mixing bowl", can make an hour and a half drive north from Richmond turn into a three hour drive on most days. In our minds, heading towards DC, much less into the heart of it, seemed like a daunting task, but one that we knew we'd be well rewarded from once we met the wonderful bevy of our fellow bloggers gathering at Marvin on 14th Street.

Our drive up on Sunday was perfect. Traffic? Nope. None in fact. Our in-car navigation? She was spot on with directions (we named her Mrs Doubtfire). The weather? Beautiful. We ended up arriving to our hotel early enough that we were able to check-in and then head out to the streets of Georgetown to explore. We hit up LUSH Cosmetics within the first ten minutes (and we hit it HARD...haul videos to come), then we had lunch at Serendipity 3. We had time for a bit more sights before we headed back to the hotel to get ready for Blogger Blitz.


At Blogger Blitz, {av} provided us with an amazing directory that was chock-full of details, like each blogger's Twitter handle, blog name and e-mail address, along with a photo to make everyone even more recognizable. 


The fabulous hostess, {av}. Love her!! If you aren't familiar with Long Distance Loving yet, go now.


The highlight was definitely finally meeting "IRL" so many of the bloggers that we've been following and communicating with for months, if not longer. But there were also several new faces to us and we're so happy to have met all of them.



Eliza from Case Study and Kate from Stripes and Polka Dots

Our friend and Hourglass Makeup Artist, Josh Collier, joined us for Blogger Blitz and we're so excited that we'll be seeing him again later this month for our event with Sephora.

We finally met fellow YouTuber, Holly from Holly Says Hey...
photo courtesy of Holly
Everyone mixed and mingled and the evening went by entirely too fast. To be in the presence of so many inspiring and exquisitely dressed bloggers was mind blowing. We soaked up every second and are already looking forward to the next time.


The entire list of fabulous bloggers in attendance:
Alison from Long Distance Loving
Alison from Chain Strap Purse
Alissa from Feeling Good
Amanda from Miskabelle Vintage
Ashley from Ashley in DC
Ashlyn from Let It Be Beautiful
Betsy from Betsy Transatlantically
Cara from I Dabble
Eliza from Case Study
Emily from Blue Dog Belle
Emily from Emily Kate Hargrove - Capital Style
Erika & Natalie from Fashionably Broke
Erin from Currently Coveting
Heather from Pineapples and Pearls
Holly from Holly Says Hey
Jamie from Forever 81
Jenna from The Paleo Project
Josh from JoshCollierMUA
Julie from Julip Made
Kaitlyn from Blue Rooms White Houses
Kate from Stripes and Polka Dots
Kelsey from The Capital Barbie
Lacey from A Lacey Perspective
Lisa from Hello Suburbia
Liz from So Much To Smile About
Mary El from Cupcakes and Shoes
McLean from Deacon Does DC
Meaghan from District Sparkle
Megan from Freckled Italian
Melissa from Cupcakes OMG
Morgan from Reidmore
Nikki from Cupcakes for Breakfast
Rosa from Rosa Loves...
Sara from High Fashion 4 Less
Shannon from Shenanigan's Rose

Definitely go visit their blogs!!

After Blogger Blitz, we cabbed it back to Georgetown to take in more sights...


Right on M Street lies The Old Stone House, one of the oldest known structures remaining in the nation's capital. Out back they have the most beautiful garden.

Monday morning, we had breakfast on the most perfect little patio at Kafe Leopold, located on Cady's Alley off of M Street. The food made us die. In an amazing way. We shared a croissant that was literally our favorite thing that we ate the entire time we were gone. If you ever find yourself in Georgetown, take the time to eat here. You won't be disappointed. We wanted to stay forever.


We spent the rest of the day on Monday hitting up a bunch of the stores in the area and left with purchases from J.Crew, H&M, Madewell, Zara, Juicy Couture and Anthropologie.

And no trip to Georgetown would be complete without cupcakes. Sprinkles Cupcakes was located directly across from our hotel, so we each grabbed a box of four cupcakes before we headed home. Proof that we were indeed thinking of our hubz while we were away. ;)  We heard rave reviews about Georgetown Cupcake, home of DC Cupcakes on TLC, so they're at the top of our To Do list the next time we're there.



Hope you enjoyed our weekend recap! We had an amazing time and can't wait to go back...and maybe next time we'll even bring our hubz along. ;)

Have you guys ever been to DC? If so, we'd love to know your favorite spot. Drop us a comment and let us know!

50 comments:

  1. looks like you guys had fun... If I knew about blogger blitz earlier plus have a week off, I would so go... but sadly I did not know and I also did not had a week off to do the 10-11 hr drive up there.... maybe next year (if its hosted next year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I wish they would have a blogger meat up in LA. I'm dying to go to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! Please let me know next time you come to visit :)

    xx
    Natalie (&Erika)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a really fantastic experience! I'm glad it went well and you were able to meet so many talented bloggers!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing adventure!
    We went to DC years ago with the kids for the day (on our trip to NYC) and had a wonderful time on a trolley tour and seeing all the monuments. We ate at Olives- yum.
    I want to go back and spend a few more days sometime.
    Zara is a personal fave for me. I have some great online finds and my sister bought me some things when she went to NYC in Dec.
    Cannot wait to see all of your haul finds.
    My son got me bar of shampoo soap at Basin at Disney but I am going to get the one from Lush too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had the best time, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely recap! I wish we had gotten to chat more, but that just means you'll have to return and we'll hang in Georgetown together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little jelly! This looks like so much fun! & I love Erin's blog (currently coveting)

    For the Record

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO fun! Glad yall made it up there. I am orginially from the DC area and miss all those sights

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to meet both of you!! I'm glad you had a great time while in DC! Kafe Leopold is one of my favorite breakfast places too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooove DC! I live in Florida, and last summer my family and I actually drove up there. 15 hours later (and dealing with a TON of traffic in "the mixing bowl" as you call it :P), we made it and I fell in love with DC! There was a gourmet empanada (which are spanish beef patties) place next to our hotel that is AMAZING and i highly recommend it! I think it was called Pana... It's in Dupont Circle!

    The blogger blitz seemed amazing! I've never really been able to explore Georgetown but I definitely want to next time I go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend! Thanks for posting all the attendees as well so we can check others out too! Love all of your pictures and I'm practically drooling over here when I saw those cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you guys had fun!! I wish I would've known about this sooner cause I definitely would've come :) There's always next yearrrr. And I love sprinkles cupcakes!! So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fun!!! what cute ladies!! I'm excited to go explore some of their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, could you have written a better recap?! I think not! I LOVED all of your photos and seriously cannot thank you both enough for making the trip. I wish I could've enjoyed a day in Georgetown with the two of you ;) Can't wait to see you again, my dears! Thanks again! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg!!! I'm jealous! The photos tell the story! A remarkable weekend! I'm going to BlogHer in NYC! Are you all?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look like so much fun! I can't wait until Blogger Blitz comes to Chicago!

    Chris
    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that is some list! Love the pics. You two look great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. UGH I COULDN'T GO AND YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE DIED TO MEET YOU GUYS. But so glad you had so much fun!! &&&& GEORGETOWN CUPCAKES ARE THE FREAKING BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I.Am.So.Jealous. This looks so fun! My favorite spot in DC is a restaurant called "Founding Farmer's" on Pennsylvania I believe. Everything is fresh made FROM SCRATCH using all sustainable/organic sources, and everything tastes bomb.com. Really cool vibe and great drinks too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you ladies had a fun day :)

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  22. whooooa what an amazing event!! and such a great turnout!!! love all of your photos :)

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun! Wish we had events like this in South Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, fun! You both look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Reading about such events makes me wish I lived in the US! I am pretty sure you had a wonderful time, getting to meet fellow bloggers is always fun :)
    Can't wait to see your new purchases :)

    http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So fun!! Glad you ladies had a great time!! Can't wait to see your hauls! And how am I not following you 2 on instagram?? What is your name on there??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this post - and a great idea to do a list of everyone! Your pics are gorgeous, too! It's so hard to choose my favorite place in DC.. but I'd say the National Mall. It never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a good time! Can't wait to check out some of the blogger mentioned. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw wow, what a fun and exciting experience! Just wanted to drop by from vacation to say hello! Hope you're both well

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like you had an awesome time. :)

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  31. looks like loads of fun!!

    http://www.thefashionhive.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great photos! Looks like a wonderful event and the food looks fabulous, especially those cupcakes (that's my sweet tooth talking!)

    Lots of history in that town!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  33. wowsers looks like a blast in a glass!!!

    I went to DC back in the good ol' days when I was in 6th grade!! My fave part? The cherry blossom trees!! Amazingly gorg!!!! I just loved how every piece of DC was a piece of history. Felt very surreal!!

    Xo,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds like you had a great time here in my neck of the woods! Since I live just outside the city, heading in to check out the museums and stroll downtown is always a fun weekend outing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh wow! Looks like ya'll had a great time! I can't wait to see what you both baught in your haul videos!!! And I had no idea ther was a Zara in Georgetown, I will be planning a trip up there very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. looks like a really fun time. I've only ever been to DC once but man the traffic was terrible. Glad you guys were able to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This made me want to take off and find a blogger get together ASAP! haha Such fun pictures! Looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great recap of your weekend in DC! Your pics of Georgetown are great, next time you come you'll have to hit up Hello, Cupcake in Dupont Circle (my favorite in DC!)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am going to DC in August for a week! I can't wait! Looks like you all hit up the stores on my to list when I go! Glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Look like you had a great weekend. I can't wait to attend a blogger event.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You girls look amazing and I am here drooling over those cupcakes lol xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  42. Okay, jealous yet again...I have seen a few other bloggers post about this amazing event! I wish I lived closer and that we had something like this in Austin. How awesome is it that so many bloggers came together. Loved the recap and the fact that you ladies listed all the bloggers that attended with their blog link. I plan on checking out all the ones that I have never read! Super fab! Thanks!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  43. Too cool! I'm glad it went smoothly. It must have been fun to meet so many awesome bloggers "in real life". (:

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow so many bloggers! I hope I could go to one sometime

    ReplyDelete
  45. You guys are so lucky to have met other bloggers in real life. I still have yet to meet any of my blogger friends :) All of the food looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. WOW! I am so jealous! You girls got to take a mini-vacay AND meet Av. That is so incredible. Looks like you gals had so much fun & I'm looking forward to that LUSH haul :) I need to go buy some more bath beauties myself as my stash is running extremely low.

    ReplyDelete
  47. It looks like you had a great time.=)

    http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Didn't get a chance to talk to you at the Blogger Blitz, but so glad I "met" you through the directory! Love your blog. Hope we run into each other at another event.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...