Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September Photo-a-Day Snapshots

We tackled September's Photo-a-Day challenge a little differently. We've both had so much going on this past month that we just decided to mix up all of our photos and make one big post at the end of the month. So without further adieu, here's a little bit of what September brought us (the good times and the bad)...



Day 1 -- You, Now
Mendi:  Packing for our trip to San Francisco.

Day 2 -- Father
Jayme:  A pic of my grandfather and the pocket watch that was his fathers, but handed down to me.

Day 3 -- Far Away
Mendi:  The night before we flew out. Taking one last look at our atlas before it got packed in our suitcase. From east coast to west coast the next day.

Day 4 -- In My Mailbox/Postbox
Mendi:  Not exactly in my mailbox, but instead on my TV on the plane headed to San Francisco. A Flipping Out marathon is a perfectly good way to spend four hours. Love me some Jeffrey Lewis.

Day 5 -- Bright
Mendi:  One of the many "bright" sides of our vacation...The Palace of Fine Arts...so gorgeous!!!

Day 6 -- Every Day
Mendi:  I could eat chips & guac every day, so that counts, right?! Our appetizer at Copita in Sausalito.

Day 7 -- Natural
Whoops. Somehow we both managed to let this day slip by us.

Day 8 -- At Night
Mendi:  The view from our room at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental in Nob Hill.

Day 9 -- Something You Do Most Weekends
Mendi:  I definitely hit the gym atleast once per weekend, sometimes twice.

Day 10 -- Black + White
Mendi:  A funny little t-shirt that I came across in a shop in Monterey, CA. Immediately made me think of Jayme.

Day 11 -- Hero
This one was a toughie, so we took a pass on it.

Day 12 -- Together
Mendi:  One last snapshot from our vacation...an amazing time together in Pebble Beach along 17 Mile Drive.

Day 13 -- Table
Jayme:  Just a view of my sofa table.

Day 14 -- Favorite
Mendi:  My favorite time of day. My girls getting settled in to go night-night. And yes, Zoey has lost her mind, but that's a fairly normal position for her to sleep in.

Day 15 -- First Thing You See
Mendi:  A lavender sunrise from my bedroom window.

Day 16 -- Strange
Jayme:  I thought this shirt from Target was strange. Maybe it's because we live in VA and it's almost hunting season and this shirt just makes me sad.

Day 17 -- In My Fridge
Mendi:  I feel like this is an episode of MTV Cribs. 

Day 18 -- Price
Jayme:  Scored a great deal on a pair of purple jeans at Target!

Day 19 -- Underneath
Jayme:  Some of the primers that I use to go underneath my makeup.

Day 20 -- Man-Made
Mendi:  A riddling rack made by Dad that hangs in my dining room. A fairly easy and inexpensive DIY that would cost you $250 if you purchased one from somewhere like Pottery Barn.

Day 21 -- Sometimes
Jayme:  Sometimes Cooper stalks the neighbors while waiting for his daddy to come home.

Day 22 -- Up
Jayme:  Driving to Mendi's on a gorgeous Saturday to do some filming. This is out of my sun roof.

Day 23 -- Before Bedtime
Jayme:  Guess what I did?? I saw the material girl herself! Some fabulous girls and I went to the Madonna concert in DC and it was a night I'll never forget! Completes my childhood!

Day 24 -- 3 Things
Jayme:  3 things I wore to the Madonna concert: Butter LONDON's West End Wonderland glitter nail polish, a single hot pink mesh glove and a single black lace glove. I was channeling old school MDNA!

Day 25 -- Frame
Jayme:  Some frames of old records that hang in my hallway.

Day 26 -- Near
Mendi:  I'm not quite ready to talk about this yet, so please bear with me here. We sent our 9-year-old Lab, Nugget, to Heaven on Saturday, the 29th. In her final few days I never left her side. We're devastated, our hearts are left crushed to tiny bits and we miss her more than words can express.

Day 27 -- Love/Hate

Jayme:  I sometimes hate that I love Diet Coke so much!

Day 28 -- A Good Thing
Jayme:  A lit candle in a house full of puppies is always a good thing.

Day 29 -- Errand
What?!? We missed another one. Whomp, whomp.

Day 30 -- You, Then

Jayme:  The view from my hotel room exactly three years ago when were in Mexico for our wedding.


We'd love to hear from you guys...whether you participate in something like this or not. You can always hop on over to Fat Mum Slim to see October's list of photos. It's not too late to start!

21 comments:

  1. Cute photos. I love the dogs =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayme & Mendi, I liked your individual interpretations of the subject, these images are really cute and well-thought of. The sunrise looks lovely. But my favs are the 'Bright' and 'Night' pictures, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, that photo of your grandfather and that pocket watch = priceless! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    LensVillage Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. M - I am so sorry about your lab. Please know I am thinking of you and I have been there. I lose my Lady (golden retriever) of 14 years in summer of 2009. M and I got Lily that Thanksgiving, but I still tear up thinking of her. It is so hard. Here was an entry I wrote about it: http://thewetnose.blogspot.com/2009/08/guest-blogger.html. Please share if you want. I know things are never ever the same after you lose a friend.

    ::HUGS::

    W

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your baby Mendi, our lab (Lady) just turned 12 last month and even though that I know she has lived a long doggy life I don't even want to think about when that time comes. *hugs*

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mendi~ i'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you a huge hug.

    Priscilla sleeps like Zoey all the time. Also she love to people watch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a thorough way to look at your month. I do hope you're doing well in light of the bad, but it looks like you've had plenty of good days to think about and cherish instead <3

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello ladies, it's been a while. I just had to leave a comment instead of just lurking. Mendi I'm so sorry for your loss. I think all who have owned pets can understand the devastation and heart break of losing a beloved family member. thinking of you..xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaay this is GREAT! a nice little mid week break with PHOTOS!

    <3Amanda
    FFF

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so dedicated--I'm impressed. Such a great exercise to keep it going for a month!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the photos. So sorry for your loss, Mendi. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. Hugs to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the pink nikes and I could eat guac and chips daily too!!

    xx
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos! i like your blog!Maybe we follow each other!? Let me know :) Greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! I might do this, too!

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your response on my last post, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cheat and eat guacamole chips every day. I love all things avocado/guacamole!! Looks like the traveling was definitely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mendi, I am so sorry you lost your sweet baby girl! I cannnot imagine how sad your heart is.
    Jayme- my husband has an almost identical glass covered thingie (?) for his grandfather's pocket watch.
    I love the photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Mendi -- I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. I have a 4 year old lab (named Zoe!), and the thought of not having her around makes me immediately tear up. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Mendi -- I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. I have a 4-year old lab (named Zoe!), and the thought of losing her makes me immediately tear up. Thinking of you and sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...